Returning

smalltalk and general questions

Moderatoren: BelHard_be, Becki

Returning

Beitragvon MKG » Sa Aug 27, 2016 9:43 am

Hi all.

I joined 4 years ago after falling in love with FS2. Almost immediately, I fell completely out of love with Microsoft and changed over to Linux.

Of course, when you do something like that, a lot of stuff falls by the wayside - I lost FS2 in the changeover and then forgot it for a while. In the last couple of weeks, I remembered it, searched, found, and downloaded it again - and now I have bags under my eyes from sitting up far too far into the early hours. I'm still in love with FS2, it appears. But in case anyone missed what I said - I'm on Ubuntu, and FS2 runs faultlessly in Linux using WINE. Not even a slight hiccup. There may be some people who don't know that.

I have two questions in the hope that I don't lose FS2 again ...

1. I see that Jason was working on Compleat Angler - does anyone know what came of that?
2. As I'm now a lazy retired old sod, I have a lot of time on my hands and I thought I wouldn't mind having a go at making a native version of FS2 for Linux (I'm convinced that FS2 would be revitalised if there was a native Ubuntu version). I don't know how to contact Jason for permission - does anyone else know?

Anyway - big hellos to all remaining FS2ers. May the fish be with you.
MKG

Re: Returning

Beitragvon BelHard_be » Fr Sep 02, 2016 15:48 pm

hiya mkg
i´m happy to see you comming back to fs2 - there are a lot fishing sims aound at the moment but fs2 ist still
one of the best - i can´t help you with your problems using linus and fs2 (i know that wine isn´t good enough to
run windows programs propper) - maybe others who read this know more and can help - but why you don´t
use a second pc with a old windows version (win 7 run good with fs2) - only to use older programs like fs2 ?

don´t matter - if you get your problem solved and you search old add ons for fs2 don´t shy to ask - i have nearly
all official relases of it
i´ll ask your question also in german on my board - maybe anyone know more
have fun mate and a nice day

hardy

ps: the site from james at the moment is on this link: Fishsim.net - the contact

email is on the bottom in the menue on th right side
Leben ist Spass - und ich lebe !!! / Life is Fun - and I am alive !!!
BelHard_be
Site Admin

Re: Returning

Beitragvon BelHard_be » Do Sep 08, 2016 13:30 pm

hiya mkg
otto (becki) found this in the fs2 forum - maybe it will help you a bit:

FS2 under Linux / Ubuntu

have fun and a nice day

hardy
Leben ist Spass - und ich lebe !!! / Life is Fun - and I am alive !!!
BelHard_be
Site Admin

Zurück zu General / Allgemeines